Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just One More Example Of Me Being Crazy

Wouldn't you think that now that school's out for the summer that I'd be doing a little more relaxing that when I was working? That's what I'd think. I think that's what most people would think, don't you think? Well, I think that my life isn't quite like that, like that so-called normal life. 'Cause I'm sure as hell not relaxing.

Lynn and family came down the day after school was out, so I/we spent a pretty fair amount of time with them until they left last Wednesday - and had a blast, BTW. Then I did dentist appointments, rugby practice, rugby games, a bunch of cross stitching for one of the 5 babies that are due in the next 7 months, cleaned the house, went grocery shopping twice since the grocery gods didn't think I spent enough money the first time around, and got baked at the pool. Oh yeah, and I threw some exercise and laundry in there, too.

And today I'm steam cleaning my carpet because the management company is coming on Thursday to see if they want to replace the carpet we currently have. Yes, I know that if I want new carpet - which I do, desperately - then shampooing it is probably not the best way to go about it. The goal would be to make it look as nasty as it can, maybe get a truckload of dirt from one of the landscaping companies and see how much we can grind into the padding. But it would absolutely kill me for someone to see my house look that bad. I mean, come on, that's one of the reasons why I don't invite my parents over more for dinner is because my carpet looks like crap. I'm not serving them carpet to eat, or even asking them to eat off the carpet, but it's still not a decent looking floor covering. Hopefully the carpet will be just the right amount of dirty when I get through, not filthy but not clean, either. Just the right amount of yuck.

It's not like the carpet was new when we moved in, either. Realtor Guy said that they were going to put in new carpet, but then decided not to when they discovered we had cats. That may be a form of feline discrimination, but I dealt with it because I liked the house and the neighborhood and the price were right. But it's been 2 years and now I want new carpet!!

So carpet aside, here's a picture of Hunter from his last rugby game. (The green teeth are from his mouth guard, not poor dental hygiene habits, just in case you were wondering.)


No comments: