Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Connections


I have this great little counter (nope, not gonna tell you where it is) that shows me where people who visit my blog are located. It struck me as I was looking at it, that I, or probably most anyone for that matter, can find a connection, no matter how loose it might be, to places on that list. For example:

I know who's reading me in Montana (Hi Lynn!), and I'd love to believe that Dooce is reading me up in Salt Lake City, though I'm fairly certain she's not. I'm descended from folks in Ireland, which is kind of near Scotland, and hubby's got family in the Lafayette, Louisiana area. Some of my lineage is also English, and Kenin loves to watch The Arthritic Adventures of Bait Boy (aka Deadliest Catch), and I believe some of the boats on the show are out of Washington state. The author of The Butterfly Mind was/is living in france with her husband, and my brother and sister-in-law are working in Iraq, which is near Jordan, in the Middle East. I drove through Tulsa a lot on my from Arkansas to Colorado, and I spent a fair amount of time at the Smithsonian, in Washington DC.

See? If you look hard enough, you can find a connection to just about any thing.

No comments: