Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the lesson I learned this weekend

I'd like to think that I'm a pretty decent person, certainly not someone you'd see on Cops or anything like that. But there are times when someone will piss me off and I just want to get 3 shades of redneck. However, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my temper because on the (thankfully) very rare occasion that I loose it, unpleasant things are bound to occur.

Don't you just hate it when someone eggs you on? You can see it coming from a mile away, that it's going to end and not only will it end, but it will end badly and with a fair amount of carnage, none of which will be you because you are the one carrying a big stick and an extra large can of whup ass. Well, I just plain hate it when someone can't let something go. And I particularly hate it when that someone is my normally wonderful husband and he's just doing his level best to make me mad.

So, if you're like me and someone's aggravating you sure as they're breathing and you've told them 3 times that this is a conversation better not conversed right now and they still push you, here's what not to do:

DO NOT THROW your very favorite $65 heavy metal stock pot toward the sink (throwing it at your spouse is probably not such a great idea either, but hopefully you know this already). If you do throw the pot, it will bounce off the rim of the sink and head toward the wall. And when it gets to the wall, it will then leave a hole the size of your palm in the wall, and that's going to be a real bitch to repair. And just imagine the mess if that pot's not empty when you throw it.

The moral of this story? Don't throw your favorite stock pot. It'll dent and then you'll have to buy a new one. And that sucks.

No comments: