Tuesday, October 28, 2008

George Washington I'm not

This is the tree that sits in my front yard and is out to get me. It's all of about 10 inches in diameter, maybe 12 just to give it the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of how large or small it may or may not be, the damn thing jumps in my way when I'm throwing the Frisbee to Bella. I kid you not, if I aim at the house, the Frisbee somehow, someway manages to hit the tree.

And it's not as if there isn't 12 feet to the right and 30 feet to the left of clear, unobstructed, well, air. And the funky thing is that it's not like I'm aiming too high and hitting the branches. I'm hitting the trunk, people. I'm not out committing crimes against Mother Nature, either. TruGreen Chemlawn can verify that my yard receives a little extra lovin' on a regular basis, but still that tree thwarts my dogs exercise. She doesn't pee on the tree, and most of the time not even in the front yard, so it can't be a vengence thing.

And since I'm being all honest and everything, I'm pretty sure that if I actually owned this house, that tree would be first on my list of things that would be gone.

No comments: