Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ah... Thanksgiving

I felt a bit lazy today, so while Kenin was at work, Ashlyn and I watched CSI and A Love Song for Bobby Long (great movie). Last night I got home from my parents house and boy, was I glad. It wasn't that I'd had a bad time or anything, just that I missed my own home. And my husband. And my cats. And my own bed.

I got the kids up early Wednesday morning and we headed west toward the Rockies. After a 10 1/2 hour drive, we made it to Denver. The kids behaved fairly well, though Hunter was especially anxious to see his friends again. We got to see my parents, my favorite aunt, Sally, my brother, Bob, and finally got to meet Guli, my newest sister-in-law, who is FABULOUS!! My dad complained about the kids, we all got caught up on what's going on in everyone's life, and other than sleeping on the sofa bed, everything was good. Bob, Guli, and I took the kids to see the latest Harry Potter movie Thanksgiving night, and though it was okay, had I not read the book, I'd not have known what was going on, so if you haven't read it, don't waste your money. We'd planned on staying until Sunday, but bad weather was approaching so we came home early.

I guess I ought to say "I'm sorry" to Al of Al's Lock and Safe in North Platte, NE. I had a blonde moment and locked my keys in the car at Burger King. Or, at least I thought I did. Anyway, I called Al and he was on his way out to save the day when I discovered that the rear door on the Durango wasn't locked after all. I'm not really sure how that happened since the other doors were locked tight as a candy jar at a Weight Watchers meeting, but that's the way it was. Wanting to keep that extra $40 he was going to charge me to open my unlocked car (not to mention the embarrassment factor), I left before he got there. So, uh, sorry, Al. (I'm going to mail him $20 just for his trouble.)

No comments: