Monday, November 7, 2005

Laziness, a friend, and a feline

I know, I know... I suck at keeping this thing updated. I could throw out all sorts of excuses like the fact that I had surgery (I'm now minus a gallbladder), or that we've had some major issues with my daughter, Jena, or even that I got unnaturally engrossed in playing Freecell and making a movie. While all of the above excuses are very real, the true and simple fact of the matter is that I get lazy. And sometimes it's not just your 'ordinary' lazy, either. It's more like the I've-got-9-loads-of-laundry-to-do-and-my-family's-about-to-have-to-go-to-school-and-work-naked kind of lazy. Do you ever get like that? I mean, where you can ALWAYS find something better to do than what you need to do? It's not like my house is nasty dirty or anything, but there always seems to be something else that I should be doing. Our house was always neat and orderly when I was growing up, so how I managed to turn out like this, I'm not really sure. Oh well, that's just me. Like it or lump it, I always say.

I miss my friend, Lynn. She's in Billings, Montana this week, waiting on her hubby, Dirk, to come home from Iraq. He's been gone for about 15 months and is finally coming home Thursday, so I'm totally excited for her and her kids. But I still miss her. When I lived up there, we'd go to lunch 2 or 3 times a week, for like 2 or 3 hours at a time. It's not like we ate the whole time, either. We talked and laughed and made fun of life in a teeny, tiny little cow town. She was my fount of sanity, and I feel like I could use a nice big dose of that right about now. People in Sioux City are great, but well, they just aren't Lynn.

I have a 3 legged cat, Angelo, who's species challenged. He thinks he's a dog. Why, I'm not really sure, because we don't have a dog for him to imitate. He's currently learning to fetch. We toss a balled up piece of paper across the room (at least he's smart enough not to go for the fake throw) and he chases it, picks it up, and carries it around with him. He doesn't quite bring it back yet, but we're still working on that. Ya gotta love freaky animals.

No comments: