Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sugar and spice

Have you ever met one of those people who are so nice that you just know deep in your heart of hearts that they would love nothing better than talking to you for hours upon end about your worthless, pathetic life? This would be the kind of person that you're pretty certain the devil never even considered tempting them because they're just that damn perfect. You know the ones? They ones that have a bazillion friends and are so genuinely nice that you want to hurl? Well, I'm not one of those people.

But one of the ladies I work with is. She's never without a smile on her face, she's always dressed nicely, even if it's just in jeans, and every last child in school adores her, even my own kid who purposely ignores me if I happen to be in the same hallway, or worse, near his classroom. She's so perfect I want to hate her, but I can't because not only is she nice, she's from the damn South and that just wouldn't be acceptable behavior for a Southerner (me) who's way too far from home.

So I guess this means I'll just have to like her along with everyone else.

No comments: