Wednesday, July 30, 2008

yummy, yummy in my tummy

I love to eat. It's one of my favorite things to do, ranking right up there with sleeping and breathing. And as much as I like to munch, it takes a fair amount of yumminess to impress me, so I don't run around pontificating about food or restaurants on a regular basis, or really ever. Until now.

Last night Kenin and I took my mom out to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Hacienda Colorado. I had some yummy enchiladas, but still wanted a little something sweet afterward, so I ordered some chocolate cake, because chocolate is one of my very best friends in the whole wide world. And I know it's a mutual feeling, because it hangs around for a long time, usually on my belly. Anyway, this HUGE piece of chocolate cake arrived with one of it's best friends, vanilla ice cream. And because chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream brought along a friend called brandy butter sauce, we proceeded to have an experience better than sex. This sauce was so sweet and creamy and incredibly delicious, I just wanted to bathe in it, it was that good.

And because I'm now trembling with excitement just at the mere thought of this heavenly treat, I'll leave you with this... go to Hacienda Colorado and have the chocolate cake. What about an entree, you ask? Who needs an entree? Just eat cake. And you know what? If the French had been serving chocolate cake with a brandy butter sauce, there'd have been no revolution whatsoever. Everybody would've been more than happy to take Marie Antoinette's suggestion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're funny. And that comes through in your writing. I might have to ad you to the blogs I check in on.