Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas, I'm Mowing the Snow

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone out there in Bloggerville (I say 'ville' because the only people that read this blog are myself and 2 or 3 really bored homeless people who hang out at a public library. Because if there were more than just us reading, I'd maybe have an occasional comment or two and then I could upgrade Bloggerville to Blogtown, or even Blog City.). Anyway...

On this glorious day, I awoke to snow, truly wonderful snow. I like snow. A lot. And today I got to play with a new toy I've had for almost a year! Last year, after we had snow every week for 8 weeks in a row (and I'm not talking about an inch or two at a time, either), my father broke down and bought a new snow blower because, well, just because. So I got the hand-me-down snow blower. Please don't get the impression that I'm complaining. I'm not. I mean, who in the hell is going to complain about an easier way to clear the driveway and sidewalks of cold, wet, white stuff? Not me, I assure you.

Just a few things you should consider though, before using a snowblower, if you've not yet had the opportunity or the need:

1) Make sure you have gas in it before the 1-4 inches predicted by the dumbass weatherman becomes the 6-8 inches you really get. It sucks to have to find an open gas station on Christmas day.

2) Don't use the snowblower after you've already shoveled because I don't care how cold it is, that stuff is wetter than if you hadn't shoveled at all. Blow first, then shovel.

3) Watch the way the blower thing is pointed. It's cold when it blasts you in the face, and this is no fun at all, except to the person who sees it happen to you.

Much love to all! Merry Christmas!

No comments: