Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Kingdom

Last night, as Kenin lay snoring in our bed upstairs, I watched The Kingdom, starring Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Garner. Now, I'm not a huge war-type movie fan. Actually, I not a fan at all of any war movies, pretty much because I think war sucks. But this movie had Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Garner in it, so what the hell, right? (Don't you think Jennifer Garner could totally kick ass in real life? She was a spy in Alias, she was Electra. This girl could beat someone up in a serious way. Ya gotta admire that.)

This movie rocks. In a big, big, way. First of all, it gripped me within the first 10 minutes and pretty much kept me that way until the end. Ladies and gentlemen, I am not easily gripped, let me tell you. A few times I even held my breath without realizing it and since I'm pretty accustomed to breathing, that was a rather unusual feat.

Now, all this chatter aside, the end of the movie really makes you think. The last line is the kicker. I won't tell you what that particular line is, 'cause I'm mean/nice like that.

But please, do yourself a favor, treat yourself to this DVD. You won't regret it. I promise you'll give it a big thumbs up!http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-541.gif

No comments: