Friday, February 22, 2013

working for a living

So, there came a time a couple of years ago when the world was falling down around us, that I had to get a job.  Not a big deal.  I'm more than happy to help out.  Unfortunately, I was desperate.  No income, hubby on medical leave.  I won't lie - it was scary.  So I jumped on the first thing that came my way.  I went to work for "the worst company to work for in America". 

I won't actually mention the name, because if you were smart enough to find this blog, you're certainly smart enough to Google who the worst company to work for in America is. 

I'm not gonna lie... there were days, especially during the 7 month period when it was mandatory that I work 6 days a week, that I really agreed with that moniker.  Not so much now though.  Two days off a week can go a long way toward changing your attitude.

What I find really interesting sad is, how many people in this world want something for nothing.  I have a feeling that as I come across these folks, you're gonna hear about them.  Not like name and address stuff, but some of the crap that people say so they can get free TV.  And it very well may make your head spin around like Linda Blair's did in The Exorcist.

No comments: