Sunday, February 24, 2013

let it snow, let it snow

So, it's been snowing since at least 4:30 this morning, when I took Bella out to go potty.  The TV stations are calling it a blizzard.  I don't know if that's true or not, but it's definitely coming down pretty good and the winds are nasty.  So far we probably have 8 or so inches and I'm keeping my fingers crossed (in vain, I'm sure) that I won't have to work tomorrow.  It's supposed to snow clear until 7 am.  Hunter probably won't have school, but it takes way more than a mere blizzard for my employer to be closed.  I doubt even an act of Congress would slow things down for us.  Basically, the rule is that if public transportation is still running, we're still open.  The  weather may be worse that what was expected though, because for only the third (count 'em, three!) time since the 2006-2007 snow season, the city of Denver is deploying residential plows.  So you know it isn't a fine spring day out there...

No comments: